Illinois Educational Technology Leaders
Founded in August 2014, the Illinois Educational Technology Leaders (IETL) is the premier professional association for school technology leaders in Illinois. IETL is committed to connecting members, supporting professional advancement, and promoting professionalism in school technology leadership.
IETL was created through the combination of two professional organizations: Illinois Chief Technology Officers (ILCTO) and the Education Technology Council of Illinois (ETC-IL).
Empowering Illinois education leaders to leverage technology to transform student learning.
IETL is the premier professional association for school technology leaders of Illinois.
Our Core Beliefs
- The primary challenge we face in using technology effectively is human.
- Technology is a critical tool to personalize learning and overcome barriers of time and space for each learner.
- Equitable and ubiquitous access to technology is a necessity.
- Technological fluency allows our children to be prepared for the world of today and tomorrow.
- To maximize the benefits of technology solutions the district technology leader should be part of the executive leadership team (CTO, CIO, Director of Technology Services, Director of Instructional Technology, etc.) of the education organization.
- Collaboration with other educational professions is essential to strategic leadership.
Our Strategic Goals
The association is focused on three goals:
- CTO Skills: Enhance the skills and competencies of CTOs and raise expectations as defined in the Framework of Essential Skills of the K-12 CTO and measured by certification.
- Voice: Advocate for investments in education technology as a means of enhancing learning opportunities and driving economic growth.
- Best-Practices: Establish and recommend best-practices for effective and efficient technology implementation and systems management.